I got the idea for this recipe from Pinch of Yum — taking a vegetarian meal and making it a little more hearty and satisfying for my family. This is one of our favorite Whole30 meals. And it’s “pasta”! My husband would eat it every night if I’d make it. If you haven’t taken the plunge and purchased a spiralizer yet, you totally should. I’ve tried a few types and I am really liking this one from OXO.
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
|Passive Time||3 hours|
- 1 1/2 lb chicken breast
- 2-3 sweet potatoes (depends on size of potato)
- 3 T coconut oil
- 2 cup baby spinach
- 1 handful chives
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cover the cashews with water in a jar and soak for 3-4 hours, at least.
- Drain and rinse thoroughly. Place in a food processor or blender, whatever you have, and add the ¾ cup water, salt, and garlic. Puree until very smooth. If it's too thick, you can add a little more water.
- Heat half of the coconut oil in a large skillet over high heat. Dice up your chicken breasts and season with salt and pepper. Cook chicken the way you like. Set aside.
- Heat up the other half of the coconut oil in another pan. Peel and spirialize your sweet potatoes. Add the sweet potatoes to the hot oil. Let cook for 6-7 minutes until tender.
- Remove from heat and place in a serving dish. Toss in the spinach and half of the chives - they will wilt pretty quickly.
- Add the cooked chicken to your noodles.
- Pour about half of the cashew sauce on top (more if you like your pasta saucy!)
- Top with remaining chives and ENJOY!