It’s All About Growth
There were times in my life when I was ok with, even accepting of, the idea of God. I admitted to having faith, felt comfortable in churches, even enjoyed learning about the Bible. But there were also points in my life when the word “god” made me bristle with antagonism.
I’ve had some wicked ups and downs with God. The craziest part of it all? He’s never left me. He has remained. The one constant thing in my life is and has always been God — I just didn’t always know it, and when I did, I didn’t want to admit it.
Because of my spiritual battle, I took myself to some dark places. And stayed there for too long. The thing I’ve realized is that I’m not the only one who has experienced a rollercoaster of a ride when it comes to God. I know there are many who have walked gnarly paths in this life — dark, treacherous, beautiful, exciting, dull, awkward — but where does it take us? For me, the path led me through some serious growth and back into His loving arms and I hope I never decide to leave again.
My Faith Journey
- How Are You Tithing Your Time
- I Need to be a Big Deal
- When Evil Attacks: My 10 Go-To Verses
- A Change of Heart: My Call to Stay Home
- Anxiety & Life in the NICU
- Pregnancy Plans vs. Preferences
- How We Start Over: Lessons in Accepting Forgiveness
- The Desire to Be My Own God
- Surrender: Submitting Not Quitting
- My Last First Date